All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Sherilyn Fenn on screen:
|Sherilyn Fenn Biography and Filmography
Birthday: February 1, 1965
Birth Place: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Height: 5' 4"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Sherilyn Fenn.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Actress Sherilyn Fenn had her first taste of show business while touring the country with her mother, a rock musician. Fresh out of high school, Fenn decided to put her stunning physical attributes to good use as a Playboy bunny, but, alas, she failed to survive the first year of "bunny school." After posing for perfume and designer jean ads, Fenn made her film debut in The Wild Life (1984). She skyrocketed to fame in the early '90s as Audrey Horne in David Lynch's cult TV series Twin Peaks. (Her singular series highlight was the scene in which she tied a knot in a cherry stem with her tongue.) Fenn played a seductive wife in Gary Sinese's 1992 version of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, and the following year replaced a recalcitrant Kim Basinger in the role of a haughty beauty whose arms and legs are amputated by a love-obsessed surgeon in Boxing Helena, directed by David Lynch's daughter, Jennifer Lynch. The apex of Fenn's '90s roles, however, may well have been her take-no-prisoners 1995 TV performance as screen goddess Elizabeth Taylor.
- Was once engaged to Johnny Depp
- Rumored to have dated Kiefer Sutherland
- Niece of 70s pop singer Suzi Quatro, Patti Quatro and Nancy Quatro.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world. 
- Attended Beverly Hills High School.
- Studied at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute.
- Sherilyn's name is scrawled across Johnny Depp's helmet in the movie Platoon (1986).
- Her son Myles, with ex-husband G. Toulouse Holliday, was born. [Late 1993]
- Worked for 2 months as a Playboy bunny in LA when she was 19.
- Was originally cast as Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn for the WB show "Birds of Prey" (2002) in its pilot episode, but was replaced for the rest of the season by Mia Sara. Fenn dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Measurements: 36C-25-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Daughter of Arlene Quatro.
- Chosen by FHM magazine as one of the 100 sexiest women in the world. 
- Chose her then-boyfriend photographer Barry Hollywood to photograph her in the December 1990 issue of Playboy magazine.
- Director David Lynch described her as "Five feet of heaven in a ponytail" and said "Sherilyn always made [him] think of a porcelain doll".
- Made the cover of Rolling Stone magazine in October 1990, along with Mädchen Amick and Lara Flynn Boyle while promoting "Twin Peaks" (1990).
- Shares a birthday with Brandon Lee, Tony Leung Ka Fai, Michael C. Hall, Brian Krause.
- Starred in her friend Adrian Pasdar's debut feature as director, film neo-noir Cement (1999), co-starring Chris Penn and Jeffrey Wright (also Pasdar's friends), written by "Farscape" (1999)'s Justin Monjo. Fenn and Pasdar had already co-starred in biblical TV movie Slave of Dreams (1995) (TV) and both guest-starred in the sixth season of "Judging Amy" (1999). Penn and Fenn had already co-starred in The Wild Life (1984).
- Practices Kundalini yoga.
- Wished to portray silent-screen star Clara Bow.
- Is part Italian (her mother's name Quatro is short for Quatrocchio), part Irish (on her father's side), part French and part Hungarian.
- Her grandfather, Art Quatro, was a jazz band musician. His band was the 'Art Quatro Trio'.
- Guest-starred opposite her then-fiancé Johnny Depp in an episode of "21 Jump Street" (1987).
- Shares with director David Lynch a great interest in actress Marilyn Monroe.
- Her favorite Elizabeth Taylor movies are A Place in the Sun (1951), Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966), and The Sandpiper (1965).
- Daughter of keyboard player Arlene Quatro who played in the Suzi Quatro band, that Sherilyn's father managed.
- Made the cover of Playboy magazine in December 1990.
- Although actress Elizabeth Taylor fought the unauthorized biography Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story (1995) (TV), she found that Fenn aptly portrayed her.
- Her car accident scene in Wild at Heart (1990) came from director David Lynch's impression of Fenn as a porcelain doll, and from the idea of seeing a porcelain doll breaking. He kept telling her about that, and that's how the scene was born. Lynch said of the scene, "I just pictured her being able to do this. She's like a broken china doll". Lynch got the same inspiration for the car accident scene in Mulholland Dr. (2001). His direction to actress Laura Harring was to act like a broken porcelain doll.
- There were plans to spin her "Twin Peaks" (1990) character Audrey Horne off into her own series, that didn't come off. Apparently, Fenn's character inspired David Lynch for Laura Harring's character in Mulholland Dr. (2001), as Fenn said in an interview in 1997, "David was talking about 'Mulholland Drive', he talked about like 'Audrey goes to Hollywood'. She's driving along Mulholland in this convertible car... But it didn't end up happening."
- While filming NBC's Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story (1995) (TV), Fenn fought daily to keep integrity in the script. Fenn's priority was to respectfully and accurately portray Elizabeth Taylor.
- Wears Chanel no.5
- Likes cold and rainy weather.
- Shares with friend/former boyfriend Prince a great interest in silent-screen star Clara Bow, whom Fenn wished to portray.
- Her acting coach was Roy London who directed the movie Diary of a Hitman (1991), starring Fenn and Forest Whitaker.
- During the shooting of Darkness Falls (1999) in the UK, contemplated moving to London, being tired of Hollywood. Co-star Ray Winstone encouraged her to come to England. So did British director Mike Figgis, who said it would be very positive for her to do that, as England is quite different from Hollywood. He told her she has a great body of work and she could work all the time in Europe.
- Inspired Norwegian hard rock band 'Audrey Horne', named after Fenn's character in "Twin Peaks" (1990).
- One of her favorite roles in a movie is Jessica Lange in Frances (1982).
- Starred in an episode of "Tales from the Crypt" (1989) along with Isabella Rossellini, John Lithgow and "Humphrey Bogart". Director Robert Zemeckis used footage of Bogart he included in the episode. Sherilyn plays Bogart's lover. Fenn and Rossellini had already co-starred in David Lynch's Wild at Heart (1990) and both guest-starred in the third season of "Friends" (1994).
- Of Mice and Men (1992) co-star John Malkovich is to her one of the best actors.
- Chosen by Batman fans as a perfect Selina Kyle/Catwoman in a Batman dream cast.
- Chosen by US magazine as one of the 10 Most Beautiful Women in the world. 
- Chosen by Femme Fatales magazine as one of the 50 sexiest sci-fi actresses. 
- Played two different characters (with different hair colors) on "Gilmore Girls" (2000): Sasha, the girlfriend of Jess's estranged father in California, and Anna Nardini, the mother of Luke's teen-aged daughter, April.
- In 1992 photographer George Hurrell took a series of photographs of Sherilyn Fenn. In these portraits he recreated his style of the 1930s, with Fenn posing in costumes, hairstyle and makeup of the period.
- When asked why she did cast Fenn for two different roles on "Gilmore Girls" (2000), creator Amy Sherman said: "I love Sherilyn so much and I don't care. One thing about the show is I just want the best people. I've just been looking constantly for a time to work with Sherilyn, and I'm getting very old and I could just get hit by a truck at any minute. I just simply can't put it off that long, so I'd just rather get her in and have her part of my world."
- Is friends with Jennifer Chambers Lynch.