All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Neve Campbell on screen:
|Neve Campbell Biography and Filmography
Birthday: October 3, 1973
Birth Place: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Height: 5' 5"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Neve Campbell.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series "Party of Five" (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in _Scream (1996)_ , the film which re-defined the slasher genre.Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming "Party of Five" (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside Matthew Perry and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with Denise Richards and Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more arthouse approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, _Last Call (2002/I) (TV)_ , both directed by Henry Bromell.She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humour.
- On People (USA) magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list. 
- Dated John Cusack. 
- Voted No.3 in EMPIRE (UK) magazine's 100 sexiest movie stars of 1998. [October 1998]
- One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. 
- Younger sister of Christian Campbell.
- Joined the National Ballet School of Canada at age 9.
- Posed for a swimsuit photo believing it to be intended for a catalogue only to see it appear on a Toronto billboard.
- Had to turn down the role in Armageddon (1998) because of conflicts with the "Party of Five" (1994) schedule.
- Had to turn down the role in Rounders (1998) because in the contract it said she would have to be in Scream 2 (1997) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back. 
- Her father is a drama teacher at Lorne Park Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario.
- In a public restroom, a fan knocked on her stall door, put a pen and paper underneath and said, "Can I get your autograph?" Campbell replied, "Can I finish peeing first?" -- Cosmopolitan magazine, October 1999
- Leaving "Party of Five" (1994) at the end of the season. 
- Appeared in the Toronto production of the Broadway Musical "Phantom of the Opera" as a ballerina (early 90's).
- Was a chorus girl in the original Toronto cast of Phantom of the Opera starring Colm Wilkinson.
- Campbell's relationship with John Cusack was reconciled after a two-week hideaway vacation. [August 2001]
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, When Will I Be Loved (2004), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- First came to TV screens as "Daisy" in the short-lived series "Catwalk" (1992) about sex, booze and Rock 'n Roll which was somewhat modeled after the Fox show, "The Heights" (1992). Played alongside some other Canadian actors like Keram Malicki-Sánchez ("24" (2001), "ER" (1994) "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)); Nicole de Boer ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)), and Chandra West ("Jack & Jill" (1999), "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)).
- Older sister of Alex Campbell.
- In Scream (1996/I), she said "If one day, people will make a movie about me, I would like Meg Ryan to play me, but with my luck, Tori Spelling will play me". Spelling wasn't insulted and, on Scream 2 (1997), she actually did play Campbell, in a "would-be" sequel to Scream (1996/I), in a movie called "Stab".
- At the time, she was the youngest person ever cast in "The Phantom of the Opera." Although her role was usually that of a member of the ballet corps, she did understudy the role of Meg Giry.
- Formed the Blue Sphere Alliance Production Company at The Lex Theatre in Hollywood with her brother Christian Campbell and Matthew Lillard.
- Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie The Company (2003) because of her love for the art.
- She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."
- The Campbell family was named the "spokesfamily" of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada.
- Movie A Private War (2005) is said to be about actor/writer/producer Pete Antico. [Teen People Magazine, April 2000]
- Her mother had been an HIV/AIDS educator and counselor.
- Younger brother Damian, was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome (TS) in 1989, after Neve finished another year at Canada's National Ballet School in Toronto. She has used her fame from "Party of Five" (1994) to raise awareness for the disease, participating in TS conferences and fund-raisers in Toronto and Los Angeles.
- In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.
- In Portuguese, her name means "snow".
- Favorite horror movies are The Shining (1980) and The Changeling (1980).
- Along with David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Liev Schreiber and Jamie Kennedy, she is one of only five actors to appear in all three "Scream" films.
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.
- Has British citizenship.
- Turned down the lead roles in both Center Stage (2000) and Save the Last Dance (2001) in favor of developing her own dance movie The Company (2003).
- In 2003, was offered the part of Velma Kelly, in Broadway production of "Chicago", but turned down the offer in order to promote The Company (2003) in which she starred, produced and co-wrote.
- Official advocate for people living with epilepsy. Her cousin and best friend was diagnosed with that condition at age 18.
- Ex-sister-in-law of Erin Matthews.
- Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in "The Kids in the Hall" (1988), playing a Catholic school girl.
- Engaged to John Light [February 9, 2006].
- Ranked as #66 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- FHM's 50 Sexiest Women [1995-2004] (Ranked: 35)
- In Scream (1996/I), when Tatum asks the question, "If they make a movie about this, who do you think they'll get to play you?" Dewey says, "I picture you as a young Meg Ryan, myself." She replies, "Thanks, but with my luck, they'll cast Tori Spelling". Spelling wasn't insulted and, in Scream 2 (1997), she played Sidney, in the movie within the movie depicting the events of Scream (1996/I), called "Stab".
- Movie _Private War, A (2005)_ is said to be about actor/writer/producer Pete Antico. [Teen People Magazine, April 2000]