All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Keira Knightley on screen:
|Keira Knightley Biography and Filmography
Birthday: March 26, 1985
Birth Place: Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Height: 5' 7"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Keira Knightley.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
The daughter of actor Will Knightley and playwright Sharman Macdonald. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays. Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1994). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Daughter of actor Will Knightley.
- Member of the Heathham House Youth Project.
- Younger sister of Caleb Knightley
- Trained in dancing.
- The similarity between her and Natalie Portman, meant that during the filming of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), their own mothers could not tell them apart once in makeup.
- Her role as the decoy queen in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) was kept secret in order to not spoil the surprise, it was maintained through the promotions that Portman played both the Queen and the decoy.
- Supports West Ham United
- Mother is actress-turned-author Sharman Macdonald, who wrote 'When I Was A Girl I Used To Scream And Shout' and 'The Winter Guest'.
- Tatler announced that Keira is the most desirable single woman in the UK (2004).
- Has dyslexia. She had to wear special glasses in adolescence to help her read.
- The most glamorous film actress chosen by magazine Glamour (2004)
- The Royal Shakespeare Company of Stratford, England, held a 2004 poll asking movie viewers to vote for the actor and actress they would love to see play Romeo and Juliet, and the winners were Knightley and James Marsters. More than 2,000 people voted for more than 150 different actors for both roles. Keira triumphed over Kate Winslet, Nicole Kidman, Scarlett Johansson, and Juliet Landau in the vote. Knightley said, "I am absolutely thrilled to have come top of the poll, particularly as Juliet is a role I would very much love to play in the future." (April 23, 2004)
- Voted #1 in New Woman magazine's 50 Most Beautiful Celebs 2004.
- Was born on same day as poet Robert Frost.
- Shares birthday with playwright Tennessee Williams.
- Voted The Sexiest Film Star of All Time by Empire magazine poll. [September 2004]
- She did her first nude scene at the age of 16, in The Hole (2001).
- Auditioned for, and was accepted to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) in London, England.
- At 16, she went to Esher College to study for her A Levels, but quit the course when offered the role of Lara in "Doctor Zhivago" (2002) (mini).
- Voted #18 in FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2005
- Credits her dark looks to her mother's Black Scottish heritage, who were descendants of the Spanish Armada
- She's an idol in several forum communities from Heavengames.com, one of the most famous websites about Real Time Strategy computer games.
- When auditioning for the role of Jackie Price in The Jacket (2005), she had suffered food poisoning a few days earlier. She decided to audition anyway and the film makers liked her "acting" for the scene, as Jackie Price was to be a woman with many issues of loss and pain as well as being physically sick in general.
- She has bought a flat in Richmond Upon Thames (2005) but has said to have only have spent a few weeks there. However, she plans to fill it with her own painted canvases.
- Voted second sexiest voice, behind Sir Sean Connery, in a poll by the UK's Royal National Institute for the Blind, commissioned to celebrate 70 years of their Talking Books service.
- Named #53 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- The Daily Mirror named her "Actress of the Year" in December 2005.
- At age 20, she is the third youngest woman to be nominated for Best Actress in Oscar history.
- As of February 2006, says she plans on remaining living in London and will not move to Los Angeles to further her career in American films.
- Friend of Sienna Miller.
- Loves to collect shoes
- Friend of the Italian actor Andrea Logiudice
- Was considered for the role of Kate Meer in Neil James's "Ghost Seeker: Genesis", in 2006. Both Lindy King (Knightly's agent) and Knightly herself liked the script, but the shooting schedule of "Pirates 3" meant that the project had to move on without her.
- Her Hero is her cast mate in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), Geoffrey Rush
- Named #11 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Named #9 on MAXIM magazines "Hot 100" list of 2006
- Employed a stylist to dress her for premieres and award ceremonies. The stylist also dresses Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Kidman.
- Attended an engagement party for Jennifer Lopez and Chris Judd.
- Trained four days a week for three months in preparation for King Arthur. She did about two hours of weight lifting, and then three hours either boxing, fighting, or horseback riding. - Cosmopolitan, August 2004
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in The Phantom of the Opera was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer Emmy Rossum. - Marie Claire 2005
- Told NewWoman in 2004 that for King Arthur, she endured an amazing 7-month training session.
- She has a personal trainer. - Tatler 2005
- Took elocution lessons at the beginning of her career.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.