All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Jessica Simpson on screen:
|Jessica Simpson Biography and Filmography
Birthday: July 10, 1980
Birth Place: Abilene, Texas, USA
Height: 5' 3"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Jessica Simpson.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
From contemporary Christian starlet to mainstream MTV darling, singer-turned-actress Jessica Simpson has seen her popularity spread like a firestorm following the success of her 1999 major-label debut, Sweet Kisses. In the years that followed, Simpson's fledgling career would continue to gain momentum with a series of television appearances including a recurring role in the popular sitcom That '70s Show. After starring alongside husband Nick Lachey in the popular MTV reality series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, it seemed that the stage diva might finally be setting her sights on Hollywood when it was announced that Simpson beat out teen-idol rival Britney Spears to land the coveted role of Daisy Duke in the eagerly anticipated feature-film version of The Dukes of Hazzard. Born and raised in Dallas, TX, the future superstar realized her calling early on in life, and after making a strong impression on her church choir, Simpson soon gathered the courage to audition for a featured role on The Mickey Mouse Club revival show MMC. Though Simpson was turned down for the role that was eventually filled by Spears and later Christina Aguilera, the determined songstress was discovered the following summer by the head of a Contemporary Christian music label and spent the next three years crafting her debut album. When the small label folded before Simpson's freshman effort was released, the young singer's grandmother showed faith in her granddaughter's talent by putting up the funding needed for a small pressing, and Simpson's popularity on the CCM scene boomed. Signing to Sony shortly thereafter, Simpson found strong crossover appeal with the release of her major label debut, Sweet Kisses in 1999. Released the same year as both Spears' and Aguilera's wildly successful debut albums, Sweet Kisses allowed Simpson to finally achieved pop superstardom alongside two of the biggest rising stars on the pop music scene.After Simpson married 98
- Grew up in Richardson, Texas, a suburb of Dallas.
- Turned down a part in Coyote Ugly (2000)
- Performed at the 2000 American Music Awards.
- Auditioned for "MMC" (1989) as a child, but lost the part to future stars like Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera (who would be her later competition in the music industry).
- Attended J.J. Pearce High School in Richardson, Texas (1995-1998), where she was a cheerleader and very active in theater arts. She dropped out as a junior to further pursue her singing career.
- 1995 graduate of Richardson North Junior High in Richardson, Texas.
- Is the "oldest" of the 4 current most famous "pop queens" in music (the others are Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Mandy Moore); she was the first one to leave behind her teenage years, after she reached her 20th birthday in 2000.
- Close friends with musical group Destiny's Child.
- Engaged to 98 Degrees singer Nick Lachey [February 2002]
- Is from Dallas, Texas
- Is the older sister of Ashlee Simpson
- Ex-sister-in-law of Drew Lachey and Lea Lachey.
- Her wedding gown was designed by Vera Wang.
- Elder sister of Ashlee Simpson. Their parents are Joe Simpson and Tina Simpson. Joe works as a psychologist and a Baptist minister in Texas, when he's not managing his daughters' musical careers and their official websites.
- She was part of the USO tour in the 2003 Iraqi War (aka Desert Storm Part II).
- Has a Mercedes Benz SL500.
- Loves to shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, Guess, Bebe and Juicy
- Likes to eat at Chuy's (a Mexican restaurant in Dallas, Texas).
- Hosted "Saturday Night Live" (1975) on 17 January 2004 with her husband, Nick Lachey. She parodied Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.
- She and her husband Nick Lachey currently reside in Calabasas, California, which is also the location of their show "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica" (2003).
- Pretty Woman (1990) is her all time favorite movie.
- Was picked as #1 on 'Maxim' top 100 hot list for 2004
- Beat out Britney Spears, for the role of Daisy Duke, in the upcoming movie, The Dukes of Hazzard (2005).
- Was voted #1 for VH1's Top Ten best bodies.
- Loves hot pink roses.
- She plays a dumb blonde on her hit TV show, but according to her mother (in the August issue of Vanity Fair) her I.Q is in the 160s. That would place her in the "genius" category.
- Her all-time favorite song is Berlin's "Take My Breath Away". She sang a re- recording of the song.
- Underwent LASIK eye surgery to correct her vision (2004)
- She is the national spokesperson for Operation Smile
- Has a song by Adam Green named "Jessica" dedicated to her, including the lyrics "Jessica Simpson, where has your love gone? It's not in your music, no. So where has it gone then?"
- Performed at President George W. Bush's Inauguration (2001).
- Born on the same day as MTV VJ Quddus and actor Thomas Ian Nicholas ("Kevin" from the American Pie (1 & 2)/American Wedding (2003) movies).
- Her first album was a Christian album, when she was 14.
- Recorded a cover of "A Whole New World" with husband Nick Lachey for the Aladdin (1992) Special Edition DVD.
- Recorded a cover of "Little Drummer Boy" with sister Ashlee Simpson and another cover of "Baby It's Cold Outside" with her husband Nick Lachey.
- Ranked #43 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Has a dog named Daisy (Malti-Poo).
- She and her husband Nick currently reside in Calabasas, California. 
- Made the tabloid headlines after attending a bachelorette party for friend Jennifer MacFarlane, where the entertainment was provided by two members of the "Genital Origami" troupe Puppetry of the Penis. She reportedly "howled and giggled" at the duo's routine, which included such installations as "The Fruit Bat" and "The Turtle." (November 2004)
- She is famous for keeping her virginity until her wedding night, when she went on TV and announced she was going to do that, making her a positive role model for teenage girls and young women.
- Ranked #2 on E!'s 50 Steamiest Southern Stars
- Was voted #1 in People Magazine's 10 Most Stylish Moments for her "Daisy Duke" look. [September 2005]
- "After three years of marriage, and careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways," the couple said in a joint statement published on Teen People magazine's website."
- Named #9 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Met ex-husband, Nick Lachey, at a charity event in 1998 where she was performing alongside Lachey's group, 98 Degrees.
- Was nominated for the 2006 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress along side her sister Ashlee Simpson. Ashlee was nominated for her performance in the film Undiscovered (2005), while Jessica was nominated for her performance in The Dukes of Hazzard (2005). Neither won the award, however.
- Former high school cheerleader.
- Her spectacular figure features a natural 36DD bust that blossomed in junior high school. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In her October 2002 wedding to Nick Lachey, she wore a beaded, strapless gown designed by Vera Wang. She also carried a 500-stem stephanotis bouquet from Mark's Garden (in Los Angeles) that took 12 hours to assemble.
- Celebrated her 25th birthday at her parents' home.
- Her 25th birthday was celebrated at her parents' Los Angeles home. Among the guests at the celebration were Mandy Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Eva Mendes and Seth Green.
- Named #16 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Was featured as #20 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
- Dropped out of JJ Pierce High School to further her singing career.
- The mansion owned by her and Nick Lachey located in Calabasas, California, USA was placed on the market for ,750,000 and bought by Justin Berfield of "Malcolm in the Middle" (2000) fame.