All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Courteney Cox on screen:
|Courteney Cox Biography and Filmography
Birthday: June 15, 1964
Birth Place: Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Height: 5' 5"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Courteney Cox.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Courteney Cox was born on June 15th, 1964 into an affluent Southern family. Her father Richard L Cox (1930-2001) was a business man married to her mother Courteney. She was the baby of the family with two older sisters (Virginia and Dottie) and an older brother Richard Jnr. She was raised in an exclusive society town, Mountain Brook, Alabama. Courteney was the archetypal Daddy's girl, and therefore was understandably devastated when, in 1974 her parents divorced, and her father moved to Florida.She became a rebellious teen, and did not make things easy for her mother, and new step-father, New York businessman Hunter Copeland. Now, she is great friends with both. She attended Mountain Brook High School, where she was a cheerleader, tennis player and swimmer. In her final year, she received her first taste of modelling. She appeared in an advert for the store, Parisians. Upon graduation, she left Alabama to study architecture and interior design at Mount Vernon College. After one year she dropped out to a pursue a modelling career in New York, after being signed by the prestigious Ford Modelling Agency. She appeared on the covers of teen magazines such as Tiger Beat and Little Miss, plus numerous romance novels. She then moved on to commercials for Maybeline, Noxema, New York Telephone Company and Tampax.While modelling, she attended acting classes, as her real dream and ambition was to be an actress. In 1984, she landed herself a small part in one episode of "As the World Turns" (1956) as a young debutante named Bunny. Her first big break, however, was being cast by Brian De Palma in the infamous Bruce Springsteen video "Dancing in The Dark". In 1985, she moved to LA to star alongside Dean Paul Martin in "Misfits of Science" (1985). It was a flop, but a few years later, she was chosen out of thousands of hopefuls to play Michael J. Fox's girlfriend, psychology major Lauren Miller in "Family Ties" (1982).In 1989, "Family Ties" (1982) ended, and Cox went through a lean spell in her career, featuring in unmemorable movies such as Mr. Destiny (1990) with Michael Caine. Fortunes changed dramatically for Cox, when in 1994, she starred alongside Jim Carrey in the unexpected hit Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994), and a year later she was cast as Monica Geller on the hugely successful sitcom "Friends" (1994). It was this part that turned her into an international superstar and led to an American Comedy Award nomination. In 1996 Cox starred in Wes Craven's horror/comedy _Scream (1996)_ . This movie grossed over 0 million at the box office, and won Cox rave reviews for her standout performance as the wickedly bitchy and smug TV reporter Gale Weathers. She went on to play this character twice more, as Scream became The Scream Trilogy. Not only did her involvement in this movie lead to critical acclaim, but it also led to her meeting actor husband David Arquette. He played her on screen love interest Dewey, and life imitated art as the two fell in love for real. Their wedding took place in San Francisco, at the historic Grace Cathedral atop Nob Hill, on June 12th, 1999. Joined by 200 guests, including Cox's film star friends Liam Neeson and Kevin Spacey, the happy couple finally became Mr and Mrs Arquette.
- Underwent laser eye surgery to correct her vision from 20/400. 
- Dated singer Adam Duritz. Duritz wrote the song "Monkey" for Courteney (from the Counting Crows album "Recovering the Satellites"). 
- Had a six-year relationship with actor Michael Keaton [1989-1995]
- Originally auditioned for the role of Rachel on "Friends" (1994).
- Named one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People of 1995 and appeared on the cover.
- Parents divorced when she was 10, both remarried.
- Studied architecture at Mount Vernon College for a year.
- Was voted Best Dressed Female Television Star 
- In 1984 she worked at F.B.I. (Frontier Booking International) a concert booking agency in New York run by Ian Copeland (brother of Stewart Copeland of the Police) and a relative of hers.
- Was the first person to ever say "period" on American TV, in a Tampax commercial.
- When she announced in September, 1999 that her new legal and professional surname would become Courteney Cox Arquette, the cast and producers of her "Friends" (1994) TV show also added "Arquette" to their own names in the opening credits of the 1999 season's premiere episode.
- Has two older sisters and one older brother: Dottie Pickett (née Cox), Virginia and Richard.
- Has three dogs: Ella, Rags and Mr. McBarker (Mac for short). The latter is, rather unfortunately, a female.
- Sister-in-law of Rosanna Arquette, Richmond Arquette, Patricia Arquette and Alexis Arquette, daughter-in-law of Lewis Arquette, granddaughter-in-law of Cliff Arquette.
- Big fan of the Foo Fighters.
- In the mid eighties she hosted a TV show called "This Week's Music"
- She can play the piano and drums.
- Was voted "9th sexiest woman in the world" by readers of FHM in 1997 and 1998.
- Was named the "Hottest Babe" by Playboy magazine (1995)
- Voted the 18th "Sexiest Woman in the World" by Stuff magazine (2002)
- Drives a Jaguar and a silver Porsche Carrera.
- Has her own lipstick called "Cece" by Cargo.
- She likes to buy houses, renovate them, and then sell them off for profit.
- She was paid 0 for her part as the "surprised" girl pulled from the crowd to dance with Bruce Springsteen in his 1984 video "Dancing in the Dark."
- Announced she and husband David Arquette are expecting their first child. [January 6, 2004]
- On "Friends" (1994), she plays a character whose last name is Geller, and her husband played Robert Geller in Never Been Kissed (1999).
- Daughter, Coco Riley Arquette, born Sunday, 13 June, 2004 in Los Angeles, California, the baby weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz.
- Went into labor on her 5 year wedding anniversary, June 12, 2004, and gave birth to her daughter the next day, two days before her 40th birthday.
- Announced she and husband David Arquette are launching a production company called Coquette [June 25, 2004].
- Ranked #18 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Is the only central member of the "Friends" (1994) cast to have received an actual acting Razzie nomination. She was nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for the film 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001). The other cast members (except for Matthew Perry) have received nominations in categories such as Worst Screen Couple and Worst New Star.
- Her daughter's name Coco came from a compromise between her and husband David Arquette. Because of her Southern roots she wanted to name her daughter Courteney Cox, as her mom is Courteney Cox and so is she. However, David is half Jewish and it is against Jewish tradition to name a child after a living person. So the name came from the nickname Courteney's friends had for her mother while Courtney was growing up. They called her Mama Coco.
- She is one of five actors - along with David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Jamie Kennedy and Liev Schreiber - to appear in all three "Scream" films.
- In March 2005, it was announced that she would become the first spokesperson for Kinerase Skin Care Products.
- Her "Friends" (1994) co-star Jennifer Aniston is the godmother of her daughter Coco. Jennifer is also the best friend of Courteney
- Ranked #41 on Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2003.
- Shares a birthday with Neil Patrick Harris, Helen Hunt, Shane Stanley, Jake Busey, Leah Remini, and Ice Cube.
- She is the only regular cast member to not receive an Emmy nomination for their work on "Friends" (1994).
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 1995 along with Jon Lovitz
- Helped donate reward money to the "Natalie Holloway" investigation, having attended the same high school as Natalie.
- Member of the Delta Zeta Sorority.
- Her husband, David Arquette, played "Malcolm" in a "Friends" (1994) episode on October 3, 1996. He played a stalker and mistakenly stalked fellow friend Phoebe. This was the first time Courtney and David were seen together on television, even though they weren't a couple at the time.
- She was the inspiration to the running gag of the "Carlton Dance" on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990). "The Carlton Dance" was a parody of her dance during the Bruce Springsteen music video "Dancing in the Dark."
- Expecting her second child with husband, "David Arquette" , in the fall of 2006.
- Has a cousin named Jennifer Cox, who is also an actress.