All ACtors Exposed
<< Go Back
are available at
They currently feature
over 165,000 Nude Pics,
Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews
of famous stars.
Actresses who appeared
with Alanis Morissette on screen:
|Alanis Morissette Biography and Filmography
Birthday: June 1, 1974
Birth Place: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Height: 5' 4"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in)
for Alanis Morissette.
If you have any corrections or additions, please email
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Alanis Nadine Morissette was born in Ottawa, Canada, on June 1st 1974. Alanis' Greek name is a feminine version of her father's name, Alan. Her mother's name's Georgia and she has two brothers: Chad and Wade (Alanis' Twin). She learned to play the piano at age 6 and the guitar at age 21. In 1986 Alanis made a single called Fate Stay With Me (b-side: Find The Right Man). She recorded two albums as a dance-pop singer in Canada: Alanis (1991) and Now Is The Time (1992). At age 18, she moved to Toronto and worked with several musicians and songwriters, but the collaborations didn't work. In 1994, she finally found the right partner: producer and songwriter Glen Ballard, who had already worked with many artists, including Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and Barbra Streisand. Then she moved to LA at age 19. On June 13th 1995 "Jagged Little Pill" was released by Madonna's Maverick Records. Alanis had found an autobiographical, extremely personal way to write songs. JLP has sold about 30 million copies around the world, turning into the highest selling female album and the 3rd highest selling album of all times. After going through emotional conflicts (when she even contemplated not recording another album) and a trip to India (where she had the opportunity to recharge ) Alanis returned with the song Uninvited, for City of Angels (1998) soundtrack on March 31st 1998. In the same year the album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" was released. Alanis directed the videos Joining You, Unsent and So Pure from SFIJ. In 1999 she played the role of God in the movie Dogma (1999) and collaborated with the song Still for the soundtrack. In 1999 she also recorded the album MTV Unplugged. In 2000 Alanis performed on Broadway show The Vagina Monologues. She lives in Brentwood, California.
- Born to a French Canadian father and a Hungarian mother. Twin brother named Wade. Released two albums in Canada prior to first release in U.S.
- Twin-brother Wade, older brother Chad.
- When her first debut single "Fate Stay With Me" and the "Alanis", and "Now Is The Time" albums were released in Canada she was known only as "Alanis". She was advised to go just by her first name to not cause any name confusion with Alannah Myles, another Canadian singer who was popular at the time.
- Attended Glebe Collegiate Institute in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Has met Maverick Records boss Madonna only a few times. When Jagged Little Pill hit the 1 million sales mark, Madonna gave Alanis platinum nail polish to celebrate. In March 1999, Madonna gave her a ,000 Tiffany's bracelet for her success.
- Phoned Mother Teresa the night before she died wanting to volunteer, but she was sleeping. Not wanting to wake her, Alanis said she would call back at a later time.
- March 8th 1996 was named Alanis Morissette Day in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, by the then mayor.
- Financial backer of Broadway musical 'Jane Eyre,' spring 2001.
- Madonna had to meet with Alanis and exert pressure on her not to quit Maverick Records over her disappointing sales - and Maverick marketing - of latest album. [May 2001]
- Her 1995 "Jagged Little Pill" is the top-selling debut album in history. 
- After playing God in the movie Dogma (1999), she was asked if she had ever read the Bible. She said she had, but found it to be "patriarchal and sexist."
- Her album, Under Rug Swept, released on February 26th 2002, included 13 new songs.
- When MP3 sponsored one of her concert tours, she was offered ,000 in cash. Instead, she chose to take it in the form of company stock. When MP3 went public, the value of her shares went into the millions of dollars.
- Alanis admitted to US Weekly that "Hands Clean" from her 'Under Rug Swept' album is about an affair that she had with a man 29 years old when she was just 14 years old. Their relationship lasted 5 years.
- Twin brother Wade is a yoga instructor.
- Is 12 minutes younger than her twin brother.
- Is the youngest artist to ever win an "Album of the Year" Grammy. (age 21).
- Won a 2003 Juno Award for Producer of the Year.
- Attended the 2003 Canadian Juno Music Awards with actor Ryan Reynolds.
- Her albums have sold close to 55 million copies worldwide, making her one of the highest selling female artists of all time. She has also earned 3 American Music Awards, 12 Juno Awards, and 7 Grammy Awards (she won Grammy's Album Oof The Year at the age of 21, the youngest person to ever do so.)
- Replaced Emma Thompson as God in the film Dogma (1999)
- Was born at the Riverside Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario.
- To celebrate their one year anniversary, Alanis and boyfriend Ryan Reynolds wear matching rings on their fourth fingers of their right hands. [May 2003]
- Ranked #53 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Spoke German when she was a child but eventually forgot it later in her life.
- Will host the 2004 Juno Awards [Canadian Grammy Awards], which will take place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on April 4.
- April 24, 2004: Will be performing at an event featuring the Dalai Lama to build support for his Tibet China Negotiation Campaign. The event will take place in her hometown of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- While hosting the 2004 Juno Music Awards in Edmonton, Canada, she wore a nude-colored body suit with lifelike nipples and pubic hair to make a statement about censorship and Janet Jackson's breast-baring Superbowl incident. The audience roared with laughter upon realizing that her nudity was fake.
- Dating Van Wilder (2002) actor Ryan Reynolds since 2002. They have homes together in Los Angeles and Vancouver, B.C.
- Attended "Notre Dame High School" located in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Became engaged to her boyfriend of two years, Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds, in June 2004.
- Shares a birthday with model Heidi Klum and actress Teri Polo.
- Plans on becoming an American citizen but will still keep her Canadian citizenship.
- Wrote and recorded her album "Jagged Little Pill," basing it on her relationship with then-beau Dave Coulier and her entire upbringing.
- Has publicly stated her opposition to George W. Bush invasion and occupation of Iraq.
- Became a U.S. citizen on 11 February 2005. She now considers herself a Canadian-American.
- Will be inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame on 5 June 2005 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- "Jagged Little Pill" sold over 43 million copies making it the biggest selling debut album of any artist in history.
- Is fluent in French
- Was engaged to Ryan Reynolds (I) . [2004-2006]
- Alanis and Ryan Reynolds have called off their engagement [June, 2006].
- She was first considered for the character of Becky in the original incarnation of Clerks 2, and would have involved Randal falling in love with her as opposed to Dante, like in the present version.